Read this article to learn why strawberries are the best fruit…
Do you love strawberries?
Whether you love it or don’t like it, you should read this article to learn why you should take strawberries regularly.
Why Strawberries are Good for You – Proven Benefits of Strawberries!
Here is a short list of proven benefits of taking strawberries regularly:
- Proven Antioxidant
- Helps with Heart Health
- Diabetes Prevention
- Cancer Prevention
Why Strawberries are the Best Fruit?
As per Medial News Today (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com), here is a nutritional breakdown of strawberries:
Nutritional Facts of 1 Cup Sliced Fresh Strawberries (166grams) :
- Calories: 50
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 11.65 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 3.81 grams
- Calcium: 23.24 mg
- Iron: 0.63 mg
- Magnesium: 16.60 mg
- Phosphorus: 31.54 mg
- Potassium: 44.82 mg
- Selenium: 1.16 mg
- Vitamin C: 94.12 mg
- Folate: 29.38 mcg
- Vitamin A: 44.82 IU
The benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds, including strawberries, are infinite. As plant food consumption goes up, the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer goes down. High fruit and vegetable intake is also associated with healthy skin and hair, increased energy, and lower weight. Increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables significantly decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality.
Health Benefit #2 - Cancer Prevention
- Heart Disease: Regular consumption of anthocyanins, a class of flavonoids found in berries, can reduce the risk of a heart attack by 32% in young and middle-aged women, according to lead study author Aedin Cassidy, PhD, MSc, BSc, a nutrition at the Norwich Medical School in the United Kingdom. Women who consumed at least 3 servings of strawberries or blueberries per week fared best in the Harvard study.
- Stroke: The antioxidants quercetin, kaempferol, and anthocyanins have all been shown to reduce the formation of harmful blood clots associated with strokes.1 High potassium intakes have also been linked with a reduced risk of stroke.
- Cancer: As mentioned above, strawberries contain powerful antioxidants that work against free radicals, inhibiting tumor growth and decreasing inflammation in the body.
- Blood Pressure: Due to their high potassium content, strawberries are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body. A low potassium intake is just as big of a risk factor in developing high blood pressure as a high sodium intake.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water content and fiber like strawberries, grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe can help to keep you hydrated and your bowel movements regular. Fiber is essential for minimizing constipation and adding bulk to the stool.
- Allergies and Asthma: Because of the anti-inflammatory effects of quercetin, consuming strawberries may help to alleviate symptoms of allergies including runny nose, watery eyes and hives, although there have been no human studies done to prove this theory.6 Several studies have shown that the incidence of asthma is lower with a high intake of certain nutrients, vitamin C being at the top of the list.
- Diabetes: Strawberries are a low glycemic index food and high in fiber, which helps to regulate blood sugar and keep it stable by avoiding extreme highs and lows. Strawberries are a smart fruit choice for diabetics, as they have a lower glycemic index (40) than many other fruits do.
- Pregnancy: Adequate folic acid intake is essential for pregnant women to protect against neural tube defects in infants.
- Depression: Folate may also help with depression by preventing an excess of homocysteine from forming in the body, which can prevent blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain. Excess homocysteine interferes with the production of the feel-good hormones serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, which regulate not only mood, but sleep and appetite as well.
As per WebMD.com, these potent little strawberries provides essential nutrients to protect your heart and support your health guard against many modern lifestyle health issues.
Strawberries - The Magical Superfoods!
In conclusion, please keep in mind that strawberries are magical because it is packed with many of the following:
- High level of antioxidants such as polyphenols
- Fat free
- Cholesterol free
- Low-calorie food
- Source of manganese and potassium
If you take just one serving of strawberries i.e. equal to 8 strawberries, it can provide you more vitamin C than an orange!
Click Below to Download Our Featured eBook for Free Instantly!
Want to Learn More about Why Strawberries are the Best Fruit?
Check out our Podcast focusing on the Superfoods and it's benefits where Strawberries are also covered: